Long-term storage of your outdoor furniture cover will ensure that it will be ready to use when you need it again. Cleaning, folding and putting away your outdoor covers with the proper steps will prevent additional wear and tear so you can stay protected for years to come.
Clean The Cover
1. Shake off your patio covers to remove its debris.
2. Hand wash the cover with a garden hose.
3. To clean thoroughly, use mild soap and warm water with a sponge or soft bristle brush.
Dry The Cover
One very important thing to remember is to dry your lids completely before storing them away. Storage with standing water can lead to mold and mildew.
1. Dry any areas where moisture exists with a towel. Pay close attention to the creases and gathered parts of the cover.
2. Let the cover sit in a dry place until there is no moisture.
Folded Your Cover
By taking the time to fold your covers, you can rest assured knowing that it will be easy to use when you need it again.
1. Lay out your coverlet on a flat surface (such as a table or clean floor).
2. Place the cover squarely by folding all the angled and elastic sides.
3. Fold the cover in half until it reaches the desired size.
Storing The Cover
1. If your cover is going to be stored in a place that is prone to moisture or rodents, such as a garage or shed, store it in a waterproof container.
2. If your cover is to be stored indoors, away from moisture and animals, you can simply use a storage bag.
If you want to keep the covers close by for reapplying after temporary use of the furniture, use a cover storage bag and tie the bag to back of furniture.Consider adding a luggage tag or some other type of identifier to the storage bag to easily label each cover.
Post time: Mar-29-2023